The Queen’s Beasts Lion Ten Ounce Bullion Coin
Following the huge success of the Queen’s Beasts bullion series, we are delighted to announce the launch of the first official UK ten-ounce silver bullion coin as our latest addition to this stunning range. As well as being the first ten ounce Royal Mint Bullion coin, measuring a sizeable 89.15mm in diameter, it is also the largest bullion coin the Royal Mint has ever released.
The Queen’s Beasts range celebrates centuries of royalty and the rich heraldry that surrounds it. At the coronation of Her Majesty The Queen, ten heraldic beasts stood guard. The plaster models were created for the occasion, symbolising the various strands of royal ancestry brought together in a young woman about to be crowned queen.
Highly-praised Royal Mint Coin Designer Jody Clark, whose portrait of The Queen has featured on official United Kingdom coins since 2015, has reimagined The Queen’s Beasts, beginning with the lion. Taking his inspiration from the original statues, Jody has captured a bold, fierce protector on these bullion coins.
|Fineness||999.9 Fine Silver|
|Reverse Designer||Jody Clarke|
|Obverse Designer||Jody Clarke|
|Packaging||Single Coin Capsule|
|Quality||Struck to bullion standard|
- The first official UK ten-ounce silver bullion coin from The Royal Mint
- Struck in 999.9 fine silver
- Minted to bullion standard, and packaged in a single coin capsule
- The first in a series of ten designs that will celebrate each of the Queen’s Beasts
- Both obverse and reverse by British Coin Designer
- Jody Clark, creator of the latest definitive portrait of The Queen on UK coinage